Monday, August 15, 2005

Did I Just Get Scammed?

I was at Lowe's in Palmyra this past Saturday and I spent about $400 there (stuff for our house, not tools for me). At the checkout register I go to pay with my Discover card and the lady running the register says that she needs to copy my card because they are having problems with Discover purchases over $100 being accepted. She tells me to skip the signing window on that dumb lcd touch screen and then she proceeds to use a pencil to make a relief copy of my card number on a duplicate receipt. I was thinking about this today and I think I got scammed! This lady was very convincing. At that moment I was put at ease because she kind of seemed concerned that I was understanding why she had to do this so I wouldn't worry.

BUT NOW I AM WORRIED!

I should have asked the clerk to call a manager to verify what she was telling me. ARGH. and now the stupid discovercard site is not accesible. Has anyone every heard of a store making a relief copy of your card to be able to put your purchase through?

A few more things that added stress to my life:
2) Lowe's in Easton did not have any more 10,000but air conditioners left (which is why I drive there straight after work today)
3) I realized on my way home from Lowe's tonight that I forgot to put the garbage out and that my poor, pregnant, wife appears to have been forced to do the job. What a jerk I am!

very sleepy

over

No comments: