Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Attack of the Pony Rototiller

I'm borrowing my friend Nate's "Pony" tiller and I was preparing our "new" garden for the winter this past Saturday. Tilling a new garden is difficult b/c the soil is hard and full of "big" rocks. The tiller's rotating tines want to propel me and the tiller forward at a rapid velocity instead of chopping up the soil. So I say, "WOOOOAH, there little pony. WOOOAH!"
It had knocked me off balance and I was falling forward as it began to accelerate across the grass. My momentum carried me over top of the rotating tines. My knee hit something; OUCH! Thankfully, none of my limbs or phalanges were decapitated by the tines.
So it looks like our kitchen floor will finally be installed this weekend. Our friend Dave is driving down from Williamsport to help me. I was going to attempt it myself this weekend but now someone who has actually laid vynl before will be here to help me.
Our daughter M~ turns two soon. We are a having a party with my family at our house. I'm excited. The garden should be ready for winter by then. J~ has been ambitiously painting this week, even in her very pregnant state. It will be nice to show my family we got some things done.
If any of my quizzers read this, I updated the quizzing schedule again. Check out, the quizzing site.
over

1 comment:

Becky L said...

how far along is J-- now in her pregnancy?

wow, i cant believe M-- is almost 2 already! i remember when she was teeny-tiny!