Saturday, August 20, 2005

Watermelon, ABC, 123

Greenbean and I went to our YAC (young adult class) small group this evening. We left pregnant mommy at home because she kinda didn't feel like going and we had a fire in the back yard that I didn't think we should let unattended.
At YAC we've been watching an "old" video series called Love Is A Decision by Gary Smalley. It was made in 1984 so the people look pretty funny with their HUGE glasses. The topic tonight was "untieing the spirit of your spouse/friend/co-worker/family member". Mr Smalley talked about how we can quite easily begin to cause our spouse to close themselves to us by how (not always what we say) we communicate. I just tried to find the list of 5 things we should do to help open our spouse's spirit. Needless to say, I was convicted about how I treat my wife. I could write more but this is the public Internet afterall.
I was just eating watermelon as I sat here typing but now I am tired of watermelon and tired of being awake. (There is a young pimple on my eyebrow that is annoying me.) On the 45 minute drive home from YAC Greenbean and I counted to 20 and said the alphabet. She was a little hyper because her cool Dadd gave her some yummy brownie that Mommy made this afternoon.
good night
over

No comments: